Laser Therapy Instructions
Healing occurs at an individual’s own rate and is affected by outside influence such as mechanical* or bacterial trauma.
For example when you cut yourself and a scab forms, it will fall off as the tissue matures and becomes stronger and more resistant. Please let your mouth/gums have enough time to heal.
Oral Hygiene Instruction Guidelines:
- manual brushing may be allowed at 7-10 days
- floss at 3-4 weeks (above gum-line only)
- electric toothbrush at 4-6 weeks (not going below gum-line)
- oral irrigators 3-6 months (above gum-line only)
- keep patients on Chlorohexidine the entire time they are not brushing (about 2-4 weeks) and switch to a non-staining antimicrobial rinse (Listerine, Crest Pro-Health)
*Mechanical trauma can include but is not limited to:
- hard, crunchy food
- incorrect oral hygiene/aggressive brushing
- brushing or flossing too early on
- exercise!!! – No exercise for one week following laser therapy. Doctors will advise when it is safe to resume exercise regimen
Are you ready to smile with confidence again?
Our mission is to help patients live healthier lives. We provide a caring, nurturing environment where your comfort and health is of primary importance.
Call today to schedule!